The Maryland Innovation Investment Tax Credit and Startup Grind Exhibition call for delegates offer boosts to Maryland tech startup ups
Maryland Innovation Investment Tax Credit
This new program, designed to attract investment in Maryland tech companies, is accepting applications for qualified tech companies as well as applications for investors seeking to make investments in these companies.
- A Maryland technology company and its investor(s) separately apply to become qualified.
- The Department of Commerce authorizes the proposed investment by the investor in the Maryland technology company.
- The investor makes the investment of at least $25,000 in the Maryland technology company.
- The Department of Commerce awards the income tax credit to the investor.
- The investor claims the refundable income tax credit on the Maryland return.
Applications for qualified tech companies and investors are open through November 15, 2021.
Startup Grind Exhibition Call for Delegates
The Maryland Department of Commerce is sponsoring a delegation of 15 Maryland companies to attend Startup Grind’s Global Conference from February 28 – March 2 in Silicon Valley, California. Startup Grind’s conference brings together thousands of the greatest startups and scale-ups across the global tech ecosystem.
Benefits available to selected companies include:
- All-access pass to the event including all education, networking and social events.
- Opportunity to be an exhibitor for a full day at the conference in the Maryland exhibition.
- Company table to meet with other startups, potential customers and/or investors.
- Promotion by the Maryland Department of Commerce
- Global exposure to Startup Grind’s 3,000,000+ followers.
- Full-year membership to the Startup Grind Global startup program.