The awards celebrate the people, programs, and organizations who go above and beyond to support the success of the community, industry and patients
BioBuzz, a regional biohealth media, event and industry hub, has announced the finalists of its 4th annual awards in the BioHealth Capital Region. BioBuzz’s annual awards celebrate the people, programs and organizations who go above and beyond to support the success of their communities, industry, and the patients that ultimately benefit.
Six categories are recognized annually:
- The ‘Jonh Holaday’ BioHealth Leadership Award – Presented to a servant leader who carries on the legacy of late renowned scientist, CEO, philantropist, mentor and community leader, John Holaday, Ph.D. whose personal credo was ‘do well by doing good.’
- The Community Builder Award – Presented to a thoughtful community builder that fosters intentional collaborations and meaningful contributions of time, energy and expertise to support the biohealth ecosystems in the BioHealth Capital Region.
- The Workforce Champion of the Year Award – Recognizes a program or organization that has made a measurable contribution to enhancing the biotech workforce within the BioHealth Capital Region.
- The Startup of the Year Award (New) – Recognizes outstanding achievements and innovations of startups within the field of life sciences
- The Breakthrough Life Science Company of the Year – Awarded to a company that has pursued its mission with dedication and perseverance, and built momentum towards commercialization with a substantial breakthrough in the past year.
- The Employer of the Year – Recognizes a life science company that has built an exceptional workforce, and developed an employee-centric culture that keeps employees engaged and empowers company ambassadorship.
Finalists among the six award categories include the following Rockville-based life science leaders, companies and organizations:
Rich Bendis, Founder & President, BioHealth Innovation, Inc. (Community Builder Award finalist)
Bio-Trac at Montgomery College, led by Mark Nardone (Workforce Champion of the Year finalist)
- BioHub Maryland lead by BioHealth Innovation, Inc. (Workforce Champion of the Year finalist)
- MilliporeSigma (Employer of the Year finalist)
Voting for the BioBuzz 2023 awards ends on Thursday, February 29th.