The Online Sales and Telework Grant Program offers local businesses funds to develop their websites and social media or to assist with telework costs
The Online Sales & Telework Grant Program offers local businesses the opportunity for increased visibility of their products and services through participation in a free centralized online Discover MoCo directory site. The grant funds can be used for costs such as developing or improving their websites and social media presence or providing funding to assist businesses with telework costs.
To maximize access to Montgomery County’s diverse business and customer base, the Discover MoCo directory will be free for businesses and customers to use, mobile friendly, and multilingual.Grants of up to $10,000 each will be available. (Each applicant will receive a pro-rata share of the $789,000 of total funding available. Therefore, the actual grant amounts will be determined by the total number of eligible applicants.
Applications to the Online Sales and Telework Grant Program will be available from November 12th through midnight on November 19, 2021.
- Business must have been established prior to March 9, 2020.
- Business must currently be in operation.
- Business must be registered and in good standing with Maryland SDAT (not applicable for sole proprietors).
- Business must be registered on the Discover MoCo Business Directory.
Priority will be given to:
- Businesses which have not received a COVID-19 Business Relief grant or loan from the Maryland Department of Commerce or a grant from the Maryland Department of Labor for the purchase of equipment to assist in the expansion of opportunities for telework.
- Businesses that have 20 or fewer full time equivalent (FTE) employees.
Prepare to apply
- Review the Eligibility Requirements for the program. All grant applicants must be registered on the Discover MoCo business directory site: https://visitmontgomery.com/discover-moco/submit/
- Be sure to use the correct legal name of the organization on your application.
- Check the taxpayer identification number and be sure it matches the legal name of the organization.
- Ensure you are in “Good Standing” with the State of Maryland at the time of application.