April 4, 2017
WorkSource Montgomery Aims to Connect Kids with Careers
WorkSource Montgomery, Inc. invites the business community to participate in the innovative Summer R.I.S.E. (Real Interesting Summer Experience) program by providing career development opportunities to rising juniors and seniors in Montgomery County Public Schools.
Become a Sponsor and a Career Experience Host
Your business will provide career-shadowing opportunities to students who have completed an online professionalism course and in-person training. With your support, students will gain exposure to exciting careers and industries while interacting with working professionals. Help our youth develop the skills and commitment necessary to succeed in today’s ever changing economy and cultivate Montgomery County’s best resource – its future talent!
Career Experience Hosts:
- Provide at least two MCPS students with a three-week (July 10-July 28) career experience.
- Make a donation to support stipends for students and overall program fees.
- Participate in a Career Experience Host orientation designed to optimize the experience for both students and businesses.
- Influence the development of young people exploring career opportunities.
- Are strategically matched with Summer R.I.S.E.R.S. based on student interests and business industry via the Summer R.I.S.E. portal.
- Interact with high school students and experience their energy, enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh ideas.