May 6, 2016
Speak Agent, Inc. with Ben Grimley
1. What product/service does your business sell?
We provide custom digital lessons to children in grades through K-5 in the languages of English and Spanish.
2. Why are you located in Rockville? What about the location do you like?
We love the community aspect of Rockville and enjoy the Rockville Town Square and great restaurants nearby. With very quick access to I-270, Rockville Pike, and the Red Line Metro, it’s easy getting around the region.
3. Who is your client/customer?
Our customers are public school districts and private elementary schools. We also work with curriculum developers and programs that serve English and Spanish learners at those schools.
4. What’s next for your company?
Speak Agent is currently in beta testing and will be realized this summer in time for the new school year. We plan to attend TESOL, a national event for teachers of English Learners. It is going to be held at the Baltimore Convention Center.
5. What is a little know secret about your company?
We are one of the few majority-female tech companies in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.