September 21, 2017
REDI ISO Business Development Manager
Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) is seeking a qualified professional Business Development Manager.
This is a full-time, benefited position whose duties include:
- Visiting targeted Rockville companies throughout the year to become familiar with their work, understand their issues, and provide assistance as needed;
- serving as a referral source for business services;
- working closely with the commercial real estate and developer community and understanding commercial space needs and permitting processes;
- coordinating assistance and information for entrepreneurs and start-up companies, including Maryland Women’s Business Center-referred women-owned business entrepreneurs and incubator clients;
- developing and providing presentations and reports in response to specific inquiries;
- analyzing location specifications from businesses seeking new or expanded locations and recommends sites or buildings which meet those requirements, including utilizing the CoStar commercial database;
- managing REDI’s business incentive programs;
- attending conferences and trade shows to promote Rockville as a preferred business location;
- providing leadership and oversight for REDI’s marketing and advertising campaigns and various events;
- updating REDI’s website and social media sites, including REDI’s blogs;
- creating REDI’s Annual Report and Economic Report Card;
- researching and updating demographic and statistical data regularly;
- creating and maintaining databases of contact information for Rockville companies;
- partnering with other agencies as needed;
- regular interaction with REDI Board members, City staff, elected officials, & business representatives;
- other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in economic development/business development with demonstrated responsible project management experience and knowledge of the commercial real estate market.
- Designation as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of economic development principles and practices, financing strategies, marketing skills, research methods, and project management.
- Some knowledge of the existing business community and targeted industry sectors preferred.
- Must be resourceful, creative, personable and diplomatic; have proven interpersonal and public speaking skills; be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines; have strong writing and analytical skills; and be a team player who can work independently.Must possess computer proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with real estate research databases (CoStar, LoopNet, etc.) helpful.
Work Schedule: This is a salaried 40 hour/week position. Candidate is expected to work as necessary to satisfactorily perform duties, including attending meetings and events outside of established business hours.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com by COB October 6, 2017.