July 17, 2017
REDI ISO Business Development Manager
Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) is seeking a qualified professional Business Development Manager for this full-time, benefited position to provide:
- business retention & expansion services to existing Rockville companies of all sizes;
- business attraction efforts;
- marketing and promotion;
- incentive program management;
- research, data collection and analysis;
- and other related duties.
- Visits targeted Rockville companies throughout the year to become familiar with their work, understand their issues, and provide assistance as needed;
- serves as a referral source for business services;
- works closely with the commercial real estate and developer community;
- coordinates assistance and information for entrepreneurs and start-up companies, including Maryland Women’s Business Center-referred women-owned business entrepreneurs and incubator clients;
- develops and provides presentations and reports in response to specific inquiries;
- analyzes location specifications from businesses seeking new or expanded locations and recommends sites or buildings which meet those requirements, including utilizing the CoStar commercial database;
- manages REDI’s business incentive programs;
- attends conferences and trade shows to promote Rockville as a preferred business location;
- provides leadership and oversight for REDI’s marketing and advertising campaigns and various events;
- updates REDI’s website and social media sites, including REDI’s blogs;
- creates REDI’s Annual Report and Economic Report Card;
- researches and updates demographic and statistical data regularly;
- creates and maintains databases of contact information for Rockville companies; partners with other agencies as needed;
- regular interaction with REDI Board members, City staff, elected officials, & business representatives;
- other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in economic development/business development with demonstrated responsible project management experience. Designation as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred, but not required.
Requires knowledge of economic development principles and practices, financing strategies, marketing skills, research methods, and project management. Some knowledge of the existing business community and targeted industry sectors preferred. Must be resourceful, creative, personable and diplomatic; have proven interpersonal and public speaking skills; be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines; have strong writing and analytical skills; and be a team player who can work independently.
Must possess computer proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with real estate research databases (CoStar, LoopNet, etc.) helpful.
Please send cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com.