The Rockville MOVE Program is open to businesses that are relocating or expanding from outside Montgomery County, or startups moving into their first commercial space. Ideal applicants are businesses that strengthen the City of Rockville’s economy by creating jobs in high-growth industries and investing in the quality of their facility.
The Program is designed to reduce vacant Class A and B space by providing grants up to $4.00 per square foot for office, industrial, and flex space that is leased or purchased. The program is a supplement to the Montgomery County MOVE Program, which offers up to $8.00 per square foot, not to exceed 10,000 square feet. Businesses may receive funding through both programs for a total of $12.00 per square foot; however, businesses that do not receive assistance through the County may still qualify for the City’s program. The Rockville MOVE Program is limited to businesses locating within the corporate limits of the City and grants are subject to the amount of available funding at the time of application.
To qualify for the Rockville MOVE Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a new business to Montgomery County. A new business is defined as one that is relocating or expanding from a location outside the County or a home-based startup occupying their first commercial space in the County.
- The applicant can operate in any industry sector, except retail and restaurants.
- The applicant must purchase a property or execute a lease with a landlord for at least three years in a property categorized as Class A or B office, industrial, or flex space in the City. Classification of the space is verified through CoStar.
- Total leased or purchased space must be greater than or equal to 1,000 square feet; assistance is available up to a maximum of 10,000 square feet. Applicants may occupy additional square footage and still remain eligible.
- The application receipt date must be within 90 days of the signed lease or purchase date.
- Complete the online application found here.
- Provide the required supporting documentation via the online application or email:
- Copy of the Articles of Incorporation or similar documentation of company structure.
- Copy of the signed lease or purchase agreement.
- Evidence of occupancy at the address of the leased or purchased space (e.g., moving or utility bill, occupancy permit, etc.).
- No grant awards will be disbursed until this evidence is received.
- Once all documentation is received, REDI will review the application and determine eligibility.
- Eligible applications will be forwarded to a City-appointed committee for funding determination.
Please note that as a condition of receiving a grant, businesses must provide updated information (e.g., number of jobs, average employee salary, space occupied, etc.) annually to help REDI evaluate the program’s impact.
For more information contact Laurie Boyer at (301) 355-2202 or email@example.com