Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) is a public-private partnership formed in 1997 by the City of Rockville, Maryland to strengthen and broaden the city’s economic base through business entrepreneurship, expansion, retention, and recruitment programs.
In order to accomplish this goal, REDI offers guidance and support to companies at all stages of growth through a variety of services, which are confidential and mostly without fees. Below is a list of the core services we offer along with additional resources to support your business.
Site Selection Assistance
- REDI staff can conduct personalized searches for your expansion or relocation needs, while providing preliminary information on zoning.
- For a database of available properties in Rockville, please visit our search page for select listings.
Fast Track Development Coordination
- Due to strong relationships with the City of Rockville, Montgomery County, and the State of Maryland, REDI is enable to coordinate with the appropriate departments to assist businesses and developers in expediting projects.
Data and Demographic Research
- From demographic trends to major development projects REDI serves as a resource for information to help your business make key decisions.
- For standard data including demographics, major employers, and more visit this page. For customized information please contact our staff.
Business Funding & Incentive Connections
- Our staff can facilitate access to public and private financing opportunities, including grants, loans, seed funding, and tax credits.
Networking and Referral Resource
- REDI hosts its own events throughout the year, while also providing connections with potential clients, partners, and funders with local public and private leaders.
Workforce Development Liaison
- If your business is looking to hire new employees, or train the existing staff, contact REDI for information on publicly provided recruitment and training services.
- Helping to start and build successful women-owned enterprises that are positioned for long-term growth, the MWBC conducts training seminars and offers one-to-one counseling on subjects including starting a business, writing a business plan, legal assistance, and more. The services are open to men and women from anywhere.
- Held since 2004, this annual competition is open to companies that are at least 51% women-owned, located in Maryland, and have been in operation for less than three years. Competitors are provided with valuable insight, visibility, and potentially cash prizes.
- Each year in March, teams of ambassadors visit 50+ Rockville companies during the event to learn about the City’s business climate and introduce companies to public resources available to help them expand their business. Ambassadors include REDI staff and its Board of Directors, Rockville’s Mayor and City Council, City of Rockville staff, the Rockville Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, and the Montgomery County Department of Economic Development.
- Held in early summer, the Biotechnology Industry Organization Convention is the largest such conference in the world with 15,000+ industry members from over 60 countries. REDI exhibits in the Maryland Pavilion on the exhibit hall floor and encourages Rockville biotech companies to participate as well.
- Since 2008, REDI has partnered with Capital Bank to run a print advertising campaign that features Rockville-based companies promoting why they chose Rockville as the location for their business. With sponsorship through Capital Bank, the campaign runs in the Washington Post’s Local Living section in Montgomery County. More than 160 local businesses have been given free publicity through this project.
- A buy local effort in partnership with the Rockville Chamber of Commerce, the rewards card offers discounts to more than 100 Rockville businesses for only $25!
- Each month REDI publishes an e-newsletter to keep subscribers informed about Rockville business news, REDI seminars and programs, and information from our partner organizations. If your business has news to share, please contact our staff to see if it can be included.